A keylogger is a software that records every keystroke from the keyboard. This software monitors passwords, confidential information, and other activities from the keyboard. Keylogger is useful in tracking activities of a PC anonymously. Keylogger is the short term for Keystroke logging. That is, it logs your keystrokes without your knowledge.
Keylogger works in the background and can only be traced using the task manager. This may not be visible to the PC user. Most key logging software comes pre-configured to track activities of the keyboard sending information to hackers. Most managers use keystroke logging tools to store the activities of their employees. This is useful to make sure their employees don’t break the ethics of the work environment they are in. It is useful to some but comes with demerits, especially if you value your information when using a public computer.
How To Remove Hidden Keylogger from your PC
Finding and removing Keylogger is not a herculean task. Few Anti-virus software detects keylogging software as a virus; hence deleting it immediately. But some legal software has inbuilt Keylogger, making it impossible for anti-virus detection.
1. Uninstalling Suspicious Programs: Head over to Program and Features of the Control Panel on your PC and look for a suspicious program. Then simply uninstall it. (Be Careful on This!) Always verify that from the more menu of the program.
2. SpyHunter: This is a software that removes malware from your PC. This powerful tool automates the process of locating, finding and removing the hidden keylogger from the PC. No highly advanced knowledge is required to use this powerful tool. The software is NOT free. It comes with a price tag. Visit and try SpyHunter.
Basic Counter Measures
As keyloggers use a variety of techniques to capture data, the countermeasure needs to be effective against the particular data capture technique.
- Using the on-screen keyboard will be effective against hardware keyloggers. This may not work for Keyloggers that records screen activities.
- Using Anti-virus software that is capable of detecting Keyloggers.
- Routing your network traffic. Use Network Firewalls to block some applications from communicating without your knowledge. You can check out Proxifier.
- Using One-time Passwords (OTP) or Two-factor Authentication (2FA). This is available on some financial websites. This is one sure way of preventing hackers into your account. Always set up this service on your security settings.
- Keystroke interference software. These programs attempt to trick keyloggers by introducing random keystrokes, although this simply results in the keylogger recording more information than it needs to.
Protect your account from hackers. Maintain a Virus-free PC. Assurance of no keylogging Software is guaranteed.